davidcrocker on Using exceptions in C++ embedd… Victor on Using exceptions in C++ embedd… Tom on Troubleshooting old Century… davidcrocker on Troubleshooting old Century… Andrew on Troubleshooting old Century…
Category Archives: 3D printing
Since building my first Hemera tool controlled by a Duet3D Tool Board, I have built a second one and made some improvements.
My large Kossel variant has been running for several years now. It is reliable and produces good prints. I have however replaced the extruder drive and the power supply by different models, and added a filament monitor. I will now … Continue reading
In the first post in this series I described how I strengthened the bad T-frame of the printer and added adjustable levelling feet. These improvements made it possible to produce prints. The conversion to Duet electronics described in my second … Continue reading
In my previous post I described the Robotdigg SCARA Arm 3D printer in its original form. This post covers the conversion to Duet Ethernet electronics. It may seem odd to use top-of-the range electronics with budget mechanics, and I am … Continue reading
A colleague spotted this Robotdigg SCARA Arm 3D Printer which sells at just US$280 + shipping and import VAT. As I was working on SCARA printer support in RepRapFirmware, this seemed an ideal low-cost platform to test it on. So we … Continue reading
It’s more than a year and a half since I published my large Kossel build blog entry. Since then I have upgraded it many times. Several people have built 3D printers based on this design, and some have asked for … Continue reading
Some of you may already know that I have been working on a new version of the Duet 3D printer electronics. The new board is called the Duet WiFi, and it a joint venture between my own company Escher3D and Think3DPrint3D. The first … Continue reading
This time I will discuss the various print surfaces I have used and my experiences with them. Your results may differ.
My large delta printer has been working quite well since the last round of upgrades, but two issues have been bugging me. First, although spiral vase prints were excellent with perfect layer registration, some other prints showed a small misalignment … Continue reading
In this post I describe three further upgrades: 24V power, moving the electronics under the bed, and the Robotdigg aluminium effector.